Why Women Only?
The current state of blackjack is in a period of change. Casinos are afraid of and are looking for Advantage Players – blackjack card counters who can take advantage of those instances that favor the player, winning a lot of money over the long haul. The movie “21” has sparked renewed interest in Card Counting and now is the best time to learn what works and what does not.
After years of observation, I have come to the conclusion that women have a distinct advantage over men in the game of blackjack. Here are just five reasons why this is so.
1. Women are better multi-taskers than men. A good Advantage Player (AP) has to handle a variety of actions simultaneously.
2. Women are better actors than men. Being an AP requires disguising your skills, acting dumb, charming the other players and the casino personnel to allow you to continue playing the way you want.
3. Women can sense unwanted attention better than men. A good AP knows when she is being noticed by the pit bosses and can withdraw from the casino before being the heat is on.
4. Women have better intuition than men. Women know when they are being cheated. And yes, casinos have been known to cheat. More on that later.
5. Women do not fit the profile of a card counter. The stereotypical card counter is male. The casinos are not looking for women. Female players are not expected to be winners. If you are female, you are in a unique position to beat Casinos in what was traditionally a male-dominated game.